Thursday, January 19, 2012

That was a rather horrible game.

I played the other day. It was a terrible game. I walked into a well-telegraphed trap which lost an exchange. Prior to that, I had made a few rather unhelpful positional moves, but I would have had easy equality as Black if I hadn't dropped the exchange. Oh well. Next time. I will try to play in a tournament next month, as I'll be free every Sunday and might have some spare change.

I'm getting back into the swing of things a little now that I'm done with statistics/applied math grad school applications. I just have to wait for results. I presume I may have less time for chess if I get in. Or more. Hard to tell.

In other news, I'm also playing skat a little bit again. Not in person, though, which is unfortunate. I've never played in person. I'm also a rather indifferent player, but it's fun to do on the Ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment