Monday, August 1, 2011

Second to last round of round robin.

If I win tonight, I'll have clinched at least a tie for first. I'm 6/6 so far (one forfeit victory) and one person I have not played yet has one loss. He's my last round game (well, I have a bye in the real last round, so it's my last round). There's another guy with only one loss, but that was at my hands. If I lose both my remaining games, I could be in trouble. I don't think it's terribly likely, though.

There have, generally, been a lot of forfeit victories in our section, which is unfortunate.

I really like this link on the opening: http://exeterchessclub.org.uk/content/ten-rules-opening One can't be too dogmatic, of course, but I think this is far more useful to me right now than spending a lot of time on concrete lines (not that I was ever much of one for that, anyway, apart from correspondence games).

Speaking of correspondence games, I just won this game against an Expert:

Black to move. White just played 18.c3? He resigned immediately after my response.

EDIT: My opponent didn't show up, so I got a forfeit victory. I played a quick G/45 against one of my teammates who came along in hopes that there would be somebody to play a friendly game against. Well, there was! We decided to play unrated. I played the Alekhine-Chatard attack, he declined the pawn offer, but later slipped and dropped a piece. Then it was a simple grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment