Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chapter 8 in Yusupov was very tough.

I worked on it on the train. I passed, but didn't get a "good" score. Not quite sure of the exact score, since I didn't write down my answers, being on the train. But there were some I got and some I didn't get, and the ones I got put me over the pass mark and the ones I didn't get put me beneath the "good" mark, so the details don't matter. I'm definitely going to go over the lesson and the answers some more. Chapter 9 is pretty easy, though.

I only have, like, 6 problems left to do in CT Art. Being at level 90+, my method at this point is to sit there for 5-10 minutes trying to figure out, at the very least, the motifs, and then giving a plausible try. These problems are too hard for me to calculate out. Sometimes, though, I get the first few moves but miss some little finesses along the way, and that's good (better than being lost). I'm not yet at the level where it would be productive, I think, to sit there for half an hour with this level of problem because I'm just at a loss for what to do, quite often. At level 80, though, it seems productive to do so sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment