Friday, April 1, 2011

Still plowing through Yusupov...

I had some spare time on the train and felt like I knew the lesson, so I decided to go ahead and do the 6th Yusupov test rather than go through the chapter again. I got 16/19 (excellent). Even the "positional" chapters at this point are still heavily tactical. I enjoy these books a lot. I will play through all the variations in the answers later today to gain more understanding, especially of the problems I missed.

I was amused, though, that one of the problems I ran into on CT Art the other day was from a position I had just seen as an example in this chapter, so I solved it immediately with all the variations.

In other news, I'm almost done with Capablanca's Best Endings. When I'm done, I'll switch back to Alekhine. I'm about 65 games into Alekhine. I think I'll switch between Alekhine and the Mammoth book after that.

I went ahead and did chapter 7 because it was easy tactical stuff, got a perfect score (or -1, I wasn't sure how to score one thing, because it wasn't clear to me whether the score was for getting a whole variation or just the key move). The next chapter, however, looks hard. I'll take my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment