Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Digging up a post from 2 years ago

This is a post I wrote two years ago (May 2008). I will compare with current results when I finish the program again. What I'm doing right now, though, is going over the first maybe 4 levels and going back over them a few times (with different user names for each pass). I'm not very concerned about things at level 50. Right now I'm doing level 30 and going back over level 20.
For those interested, I finished my first pass through CT Art, a computer program containing 1200 or so tactical chess problems. I mostly worked by "skill level" rather than by theme. I'll post my score breakdown below because I don't really see anybody else doing so. Overall, I had a success rate of 69% and a "rating" of 2420. Note that on a couple of these, I went back over "erroneous", so the percentages are slightly higher than on the initial pass, but level 50 and up is straight.

By Skill Level
10. 99% (originally 93%)
20. 91% (originally 86%)
30. 78%
40. 69%
50. 66%
60. 60%
70. 57%
80. 56%
90+. 55%

Levels 10 and 20 were initially a few percentage points lower.

Note that the "rating" provided has little correlation with real rating. I'm probably a weak class B player at the moment, in case you're wondering, though my real rating is public information if you really want to look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment