Thursday, February 24, 2011

That was dreadful.

Last night and this morning, my CT Art sessions just sucked. I only do, like, 3 problems in the morning, but that's still enough to know when you're sucking. Then my blitz game against a 1500-player at lunch was horrible. I dropped a pawn in the opening and later succumbed to an attack. It was bad. When you consistently lose at blitz to somebody in the 1500s, you're playing at well below a 1500 level. That's bad.

I'm not disparaging people rated in the 1500s! I'm disparaging people rated well below 1500. I think we can all agree that people who lose regularly to people rated in the 1500s are not playing anything like reasonable chess.

1 comment:

  1. How the sessions sucked: in the evening, there were several problems I just did not get. I didn't see the idea and even their hints just would not get me to figure it out. I'd spend 5-10 minutes on the problem, give up and try a couple ideas, get the hint, not understand how to apply the hint, try a couple more things... Or, I would get the idea, but I just could not get the calculation to work out, and the hints were infuriating because I got the idea, but just could not get it to work. I think I scored, like, 59% on the 10 problems I did.

    ReplyDelete