Tuesday, May 3, 2011

First round of summer tournament.

The folks at Citadel are kindly hosting a summer tournament with one game every two weeks or so. I won my game. I played white against the Dragon. We castled on opposite wings and let loose on each other. I made a critical mistake and wasted a tempo, which gave him a decisive advantage, but he didn't prosecute the attack properly. Once his attack fizzled, I counterattacked and it should have been equal with plenty of opportunity for both sides. And then he gave me a piece for free. It seems he's the second highest rated person in the section, so I'm not sure how tricky the rest of my opponents will be. I ended up with half my time left, but the game ended suddenly, so I'm happy with my time management. But I played like a fish, mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment