Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tactics, tactics, tactics.

Now that I'm not busy with school and travel, I have time to dive into tactics again. For a while, I wasn't even playing over games on the train, instead frantically working on maths problems. It was actually a pretty good time for working, I could manage the equivalent of a good hour of work each day in the 1.5 hours of my total daily commute.

I've noticed that I'm a little rusty, but not too rusty. I am, however, a little bit lazy. As long as it doesn't bleed into my play, I suppose, but I've always been a lazy player.

This is why I need to play against stronger players. Weak players only indulge my laziness. I'm heartily enjoying the Citadel Tournament, but I am 2/2 and suspect I'll have an easy 5 points (the other three points, who knows?). As I said earlier, I'd rather have a tough fight every game and go 3/8 than win all my games.

So, more tactics.

EDIT: they seem to have missed posting my game last round. Well, they have my result, at least.

2 comments:

  1. All games from the tournament have been posted.
    Friendly games will be posted sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is indeed up there now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete