Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Dilworth

So I'm thinking about playing the Dilworth as Black against the Ruy Lopez if White will let me (9.Nbd2 avoids it, of course). I think something is wrong with how I filtered things out of my database, since I know Yusupov played the Dilworth occasionally (that's what brought it to my attention, as I'm reading Yusupov's series), but I don't have any Yusupov games showing up. Yes, I looked for Jussupow, too. So I'll have to go through and find some game collection of Jussupow/Yusupov to add in to my database (and then remove the duplicates).

The motivation for doing the Open Spanish is that the Closed has a ton of theory and the Open seems logical for both sides, though White is less likely to have prepared for it. I'm not going to overthink this, as, at my current level, this is hardly the most significant thing to worry about. The Dilworth is almost certainly far too complex, really, but it's worth trotting out in a correspondence game...

No comments:

Post a Comment