Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Finally lost on chess.com

I played the Dilworth, then I lost a pawn, so instead of having two pawns and a rook for two minor pieces (a decent deal), I had one pawn and a rook (not a good deal). And I traded some more stuff off so my opponent had the two bishops and a rook against two rooks. This is bad mojo. Anyway, it was a good game, it was against a buddy who used to be rather strong and is just now getting back into chess. Good times.

I'm in Texas right now, so I don't have my tactics training software to practice with. I hope I don't get rusty this week, as I'm planning on playing in the "double class" tournament this weekend. I'll be in the C+D class, since playing up into the A+B class would not really be a recipe for success by either metric I care about - winning or learning. I can give a good game to the 1600s, I think, and 1700s are a good stretch, maybe, but above that... I'm considering playing in the Chicago Class tournament two weeks later. I'm not sure whether to try to play up and get experience or shoot for the money in my current (for the moment) class.

No comments:

Post a Comment