Monday, June 13, 2011

How my chess.com games are going.

So I've won two of my games so far. That gives me a rating of 1644 so far (ha!). In the first, I played quickly because I was in theory (the Tarrasch Trap - he accepted being a pawn down rather than falling deeper into the trap), then I played quickly because my choices were fairly easy. I made some less-than-precise moves. In the second game, I was playing slow until I saw I could win a pawn and then things got easy, so I played faster. I think I kept things fairly precise there. I'm in the middle of a few more games, mostly against weaker players than the ones I just beat. The one game against a strong player is still going on. It's still very sharp and it's probably a matter of time before I make a small slip that leads to an explosion - unless I already have.

I'm going to try to keep five games or so going at once. I'll probably have to start editing the lower end of the default strength option on my open seeks, since I want to play people stronger than me and there are so many players around 1300 that they will likely suck up any open seek that includes them (which wouldn't be so very bad if it didn't seem, at the moment, that the 1300 level is not going to be satisfying opposition). It will take a bit of experimenting to find that sweet spot where the opposition is challenging, but not completely insurmountable with the level of effort I'm willing to expend on these games (namely, treating it like a 40/2 game, or maybe like a G90).

Speaking of G90 time controls, I really should play slower in my CICL games. I have a tendency to speed up and get sloppy once I get an advantage (ugh, see above!).

No comments:

Post a Comment