Sunday, July 17, 2011

this week's super fun chess times.

I played in the monthly NSCC G/45 tourney. In the first game, I drew against an 1800. It was a dead drawn double rook endgame from a Winawer French. That's all I was shooting for. In the second, I beat a 1590 who foolishly sac'ed his bishop on like move 6. I slipped and had to give it back, but won the game. Another double rook endgame, I got a pawn up and he foolishly simplified to the pawn ending. The rook ending has practical drawing chances, the pawn ending is just a dead loss. I lost the third game to a 1770, but it was a long, tough fight. I was down positionally the whole time, though. In the end I went for some practical chances in time trouble, but the tactics just didn't work. I had a worse position and, like, a minute to his 10 minutes, so it was worth a shot. The last game was a gift from a 1100 player, he straight up gave me his queen. I was playing quickly and in a slightly inferior position, actually, and then he just gave me his queen. I need to review how to play the Black side of the Ruy Lopez, I'm just not getting anything good here. I keep having problems with my d-pawn. Anyway, performance rating of like 1700, should give me a good 80 rating points or so.

EDIT: results are in, I gained 78 points, so I've gained a total of 205 rating points in the last month. Not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment