Thursday, March 10, 2011

Done with Level 50

Right now I'm at
Level 10: 97%
Level 20: 91%
Level 30: 77%
Level 40: 71%
Level 50: 69%

I was coasting along at 71% until the very end, but a couple bad tests brought me down to 69% and I couldn't quite make it back up. It's tough from here on out, I think level 60 and higher will be mostly beating my head against the wall.

However, I think this work is reaping dividends. I was reading through an Alekhine game today and got pretty far into one of his combinations before I lost the thread. I found all the moves until the guy resigned, but I didn't see conclusively past that until I set it up on the board (and I didn't know the guy had resigned at that point, of course, because I wasn't looking at the moves). It was obvious when set up, though, that mate would come in like 5 more moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment