Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Yusupov Lesson Four

I was going to work through this slowly, but I'm pretty good with endgames, so I just went ahead and blitzed through lesson four, which was on elementary pawn endgames. I scored 19/22 on the test (excellent). I missed one problem completely. I learned something from that problem, though. There were two plausible moves, I discarded one because I thought I had refuted it, so that left the other. I had the drawing idea and thought I had calculated it out, but there was a refutation in there that I missed. However, the drawing idea works, but only with that first move. I should've thought to try cross-pollinating the idea.

Anyway, I'm not ready for lesson 5 yet, as I'm still reviewing the answers from lesson 3's quiz. It was very tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment