Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What I'm Working on Right Now

Still chipping away at CT Art 3.0 (level 50). Averaging 71% so far on the level, almost done with it. Going over Pandolfini's Endgame Course sometimes. Playing over Alekhine or Capablanca on the train to work. I started using Polgar's brick as well - I do a few mates-in-two and play over some of the miniatures pretty quickly in the evening. The miniatures are a course in attacking/tactics on their own, especially since they're categorized by what square you're attacking. I'm going to take some time to go over my games from the tournament very slowly. That second game, in particular. I was down a pawn, but I had drawing chances until the endgame. I kept simplifying down until I was in a dead lost pawn endgame (rather than a lost rook endgame that required decent technique to convert if the defender is decent).

No comments:

Post a Comment